At Osteopathic Wellness Medicine we use an integrative approach to healing and anti-aging.
Sauna therapy for detoxification and healing is a key health option of this integrative approach.
It benefits the body in more natural and organic ways. Because an infrared sauna heats the body from the inside out, infrared sauna detoxification not only eliminates chemicals and other toxins from the body. It also eases soreness and allows the body and mind to fully relax, while stimulating tissue repair, weight loss and mitochondrial regeneration. This treatment therefore compliments all treatments offered at our clinic from facilitating healing after a regenerative treatment of the spine and joints to an aesthetic skin rejuvenating treatment.
Additional anti-aging benefits are derived from our integrated LED Chromotherapy and Vibration Resonance Therapy systems.
Why Infrared Sauna:
The Osteopathic Wellness Medicine Jacuzzi® infrared sauna uses low-EMF True Wave™ Carbon/Ceramic heaters that produce invisible, infrared heat. This is the same type of heat as produced by the sun. Unlike many infrared saunas that provide only the far wavelength heat, our Jacuzzi infrared sauna provides full spectrum infrared treatment with the near and midrange wavelengths enhancing the well known health benefits of the far infrared energy.
In our infrared sauna
- Only 20 percent of the energy is used to heat the air, leaving the rest of the energy to heat the body. The radiant heat can penetrate deep below the skin producing a gentle warming inside the body. The temperature inside an infrared sauna is adjustable and averages a comfortable 100°F to 130 °F. These lower temperatures allow you to sweat faster and to tolerate a longer sauna session offering greater therapeutic benefit.
- Typical sessions average between 30 to 60 minutes and can be repeated two to three times during the week to maximize the benefits. Infrared saunas leave you feeling invigorated, not depleted like conventional saunas.
- Infrared heaters warm the body in the same manner as natural sunlight. Infrared heat therapy uses the wavelength of the visible and non-visible light spectrum of sunlight that heats the body normally.
- Traditional saunas raise the temperature of the air to a very high level within the chamber to warm the body. Some people have difficulty breathing in this extremely warm air. Infrared saunas work differently. Instead of heating the air within the enclosure, infrared saunas heat the body directly. The result is deeper tissue penetration.
- Infrared Sauna benefits include pain relief, reduction of inflammation of joints, improvement of mood and energy, improvement of skin elasticity with reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, weight loss, and detoxification.
- Infrared Sauna has been theorized to increase production of a special high energy water called EZ water that is essential for most of our cell functions.
- This EZ water creation is also enhanced by our unique Vibration Resonance Therapy system and Medical Grade Chromotherapy to give your body a total healing and anti-aging treatment.
More on the Health Benefits
Lower Back Pain
Mid Back and Neck Pain
Muscle Pain related to Fibromyalgia
Experience a noticeable reduction of pain and swelling in just a few sessions! Sauna therapy is an ancient treatment for pain relief. It has an extensive history and is an important part of the healing process, treating patients diagnosed with many forms of arthritis and muscle pain from conditions such as Fibromyalgia.
Heavy Metals Immune Enhancer Depression
Migraines & Headaches
Sweating is the body's safe and natural way to heal and stay healthy. Far infrared heats the body directly causing a rise in core temperature resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
Burn 300 to 900 Calories
Increase Metabolism for 12 Hours
Increase Energy Level
As much as 300 to 900 calories are burned during one short sauna session of 20 – 30 minutes by sending more blood to the capillaries converting fats and carbohydrates. Although weight loss from perspiration (water loss) is quickly regained through water hydration, the calories are not.
Many people who have unsuccessfully tried many diets often ﬁnd success with an infrared sauna because it eliminates chemicals and toxins stored in the fat cells. This makes safe weight loss much easier. Infrared saunas assist safe weight loss by reducing heavy metals and toxin load in the body. Accumulation of these toxins is directly related to metabolic imbalances in the body which cause improper digestion and weight gain.
Congestive Heart Failure
High / Low Blood Pressure
Maintaining blood pressure levels within a normal range eases your heart and blood vessel’s workload. We empower ourselves when maintaining healthy blood pressure and a healthy heart. Infrared saunas are a promising therapy for people who are otherwise incapable of exerting themselves or do not follow an exercise or conditioning program to attain proper cardiovascular conditioning.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is often characterized by a deﬁciency of essential vitamins and minerals. Often, the end result is an excessive accumulation of mercury and other toxic heavy metals in various organs of the body.
The positive infrared energy provided by natural sunlight as well as infrared saunas are often prescribed to treat seasonal mood disorders and depression by providing the vitamins needed to give them the mental, hormonal, and emotional adjustment they may lack.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Seasonal Mood Disorder/Depression
We burden our nervous system, muscle tissue, cardiovascular, respiratory, and our elimination system with our relentless stress level, fast paced diet, and irregular sleep patterns.
When we are stressed we actually tense our muscles as we hurry through our day or worry about outcomes. Holding tension in our bodies works as a heavy stressor that leads to premature aging. In our Infrared Sauna you will experience increased circulation and endorphin release that will invigorate your vital systems leading to release of tension and feeling of well being and relaxation.
Stress Relief & Relaxation
Age shows on our face, every time we look in the mirror we want to rewind the clock and look youthful and vibrant. When you use an infrared sauna, you notice a softer, smoother you.
Many clients report improved skin tone, texture, and elasticity. By sitting in an infrared sauna, the increased blood circulation to the skin brings fresh nutrients to the surface. At the same time, sweating assists toxin removal of accumulations deep within your pores from make-up, dirt, lotions, and conditioners. Many clients enjoy sitting in the sauna prior to a facial to open up their pores.
Beautiﬁcation of Skin
Infrared Sauna therapy sessions open nasal passages assisting the sinuses in drainage and preventing infections to the middle ear.
Sinus Problems/Chronic Ear Infections
Unquestionably, many of the chemical sources have been in existence for centuries. However, today we are exposed to chemical concentrations far greater than were our ancestors. Although the human mechanism is known to be accommodating, ecological alterations are now occurring at a faster rate than our bodies are able to adapt. We are now faced with a situation where inadequacies or uncertainties centering around the manufacturing, use, storage, and disposal of toxic chemicals, have resulted in an overwhelming number of environmentally -induced illnesses.
As of 1981, of over 70,000 chemicals in commercial production, 3,000 have been identified as intentionally added to our food supplies and over 700 in drinking water. During food processing and storage 10,000 other compounds can become an integral part of many commonly used foods. Added to this list of potential body toxins, petrochemicals, industrial waste, medical and street drugs, radiation (X-rays, nuclear fallout etc.) and tons of pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides, the result is an incredible chemical avalanche to have befallen the human race in a relatively short period of evolutionary history.
There is a wealth of literature documenting illnesses in humans from exposure to chemicals as listed above. These illnesses include cancers of virtually every organ system of the body, as well as leukemia, liver disease, pulmonary damage, anemia and blood changes, nervous system disease, immune system damage, psychological damage, reproductive and fertility impairment, and kidney dysfunction.
The only way to remove toxins from the fat storage sites is to mobilize the toxic fat. Heat- fat. Heat-stress [of a sauna] is an effective method of removing fat-stored toxins from the body.