Candidates for Procedure
- Loss of facial volume around temples, nose, cheeks, mouth, neck and hands.
- Skin scars, fine and deep wrinkles.
- Photo( sun) damaged skin and hyper pigmentation
- Areas of reduced volume such the temples, naso-labial folds, angles of the mouth and lips.
- Areas with deep wrinkles such as the forehead, cheeks, and areas around the mouth and chin.
- Wrinkles of the neck, décolleté and hands.
What to expect
- Small amounts of PRP are introduced into the skin through a blunt cannula.
- Improvement of skin quality can be seen in a little as a two weeks.
- Some burning during the procedure may be experienced in the more sensitive areas of the face and neck.
- Some bruising may occur immediately and several days after procedure. This depends on the quality of the skin and history of taking blood thinning medications and supplements.
How does The Osteopathic Wellness Medicine PRP treatment differ from other centers?
It is our comprehensive approach that sets us apart.
- The benefit from the procedure starts with the quality of the PRP. The higher the concentration of PRP the better the results. Our process isolates the highest amount of PRP available on the market through a special double spin process.
- The face is expertly numbed with a special numbing cream that renders the procedure essentially painless.
- Micro needling of the skin is performed before PRP injection with infusion of essential oils and vitamins. This loosens and moisturizes the skin making it more receptive for the PRP treatment. Microneedling also breaks up tough or scarred areas that would otherwise be less responsive to the treatment.
- A specially designed blunt tip cannula instead of a needle is used for injection of the PRP. This virtually eliminates injection related pain and bruising.
- After the skin PRP injection, individual’s platelet poor plasma that contains essential oils and nutrients is mixed with a solution of minerals and vitamins and worked into the skin.
- Blood work is obtained to rule out other causes of impaired skin health. Hormone, vitamin and mineral supplementation is prescribed to boost the healing response.
- Sleep and stress levels are assessed as stress has been implicated in skin degeneration. Meditation has been shown to be an extremely effective stress reduction tool. Free meditation classes to our clients are offered twice a month. Private and group mindfulness stress based reduction counseling is available.
- Our beautiful Yoga and fitness facilities offer classes for stress reduction and various levels of fitness that stimulate individuals immune system for an optimal healing response.